The Campus Technology Summit
April 3-5, 2011 | Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Resort & Spa | Fort Lauderdale, FL
90+ Higher Education CIO’s gather for Strategic Market Insights and Academic Discussions.
The Campus Technology Summit is a private, invitation-only event developed specifically for senior administrators who are responsible for overseeing the information technology strategy at the nation’s leading colleges & universities. In today’s rapidly evolving higher education marketplace, setting your institution apart from the competition has become imperative. This summit was developed with the goal of enabling higher education CIOs to share best practices for supporting the academic mission and meeting the increasing demands on their IT organizations.
The Campus Technology Summit is a discussion driven event; therefore you are a participant at the summit…not just an attendee. Participation in this summit will provide senior administrators with the opportunity to discuss and debate the challenges facing their institutions in a relaxed and intimate environment that cannot be found at any other industry events. From high power keynote addresses to intimate round table discussions, our unique summit format will provide you with the essential knowledge take-away that will justify your precious time away from the office.
Keynote Speaker: Aron Ralston
Climbing Survivor and Inspiration for the Film 127 Hours
In 2003, Aron Ralston’s extraordinary human drama grabbed headlines around the world. Now, his remarkable story is commanding the spotlight again and is captured in the brilliant new movie,127 Hours. An experienced climber, Ralston was descending a remote Utah canyon alone when an 800-pound boulder broke loose, crushing his right hand and pinning him against the canyon wall. After nearly five days – without water and with no hope of escape – Ralston made a life or death decision. He chose life by severing his arm below the elbow, rappelling a 65-foot cliff out of the canyon, and trekking seven miles to find his would-be rescuers.
The Campus Technology Summit Program
The conference program at the Campus Technology Summit reflects the critical issues that Higher Education IT administrators are facing today. Topics for the program are developed through intense market research with current and future attendees to ensure that discussions are timely and effective.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION INCLUDE:
- The Changing Role of the CIO: Staying Relevant in University Administration
- Sustainable IT Funding and CIO Succession Planning
- Transforming IT Staffing and Development Models
- Successfully Incorporating Outsourced Services into Strategic Planning
Enhancing the Academic Experience
- Determining the Value of Alternative LMS Models
- Aligning Online Learning Programs with Institutional Growth Objectives
- Leveraging IT Resources to Support Faculty as eBook Authors
- Transitioning Towards a Paperless Learning Environment
Confronting Critical Issues
- Embracing the Widespread Adoption of Consumer Technologies
- Proactively Addressing Pervasive Mobility Challenges
- Driving CRM Implementation with Experience Analysis and Design
- Discussing Best Practices for Incident Response